SOLUTIONs to Economy / Jobs / Quality of Life
Our current economy has been crushed. We have two ways to look at this the immediate fix and the long-term fix.
- Families must start looking ahead and start saving money for the lean months/years ahead. Unemployment funds are not going to last forever nor are funds from the federal government when over 37% of the workers are out of work and cannot pay taxes. There will be no money coming from tourism obviously either.
- Challenge the Governor, the mayors, including the entire legislative & judicial branches of government to take a 50% cut in pay(except travel expenses) until a month after the CoVid-19 pandemic has been lifted.
- Lift the bans on social distancing, contact tracing, masks & paranoia. Let the virus take it course because we are all going to encounter it sooner or later. I was always taught our immune system gets stronger through exposure. Even in the public-school system where I taught for over 20 years teachers and students alike all managed to survive some of the nastiest contagious diseases imaginable, including AIDS.
- Ditch HART. Turn it into an “ode to an insane public failure” and move on. Stop throwing good money after bad.
- Ease up on the restrictions to encourage more businesses to come here.
- Revamp the economy with GOOD paying jobs.
- Incentivize companies to invest in Hawaii by lowering taxes and fees so that mainland companies who want to come here can make a profit.
- Stop all unnecessary environmental studies and restrictions that require lawyers driving up projects to exorbitant costs.
- Repurpose old sugar mills with manufacturing companies in already zoned areas.
- Rebuild our infrastructure better roads, transportation, bridges, and beautification projects.
- FISCAL CONSERVATISM is the key.